Friday, December 23, 2011

Santa Claus is coming to...vang vieng???

Happy holidays everyone!

Since my previous post was so long I will keep this update short and sweet. Laos is awesome! I mean really and truly awesome! It is the Vermont of Asia I'm pretty sure. We thought china was interesting and the countryside gorgeous, but Laos has stolen my heart. I'm bummed we only have two weeks here but am already scheming to come back.

The country is an interesting mix of traditional and French cultures due to the days of French rule. You can get traditional Laos BBQ at a stand next to one selling delicious baguette sandwiches! The countryside is incredible. Green mountains and small villages. The people are great as well.

It doesn't quite feel like Christmas here what with it being predominantly Buddhist and usually around 85 degrees during the day, but we are doing our best to get in the Christmas spirit! Tomorrow we leave to go to vang vieng. It is a pretty touristy town so hopefully will be decking the halls plus we have several new friends there to celebrate with.if you look up the town don't worry. I know that it has a bad wrap for being the party town of Laos, but I'm well aware to stay away from things or places described as magical. We will be on a search to find some egg nog and mulled wine though:) I wish you all a very merry Christmas and happy hannukah and will be sending you all my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment